Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Writer's Sky

a small moleskin notebook
exhumed itself
from a mound of scribbling--

the soft cover sky blue--
except with lavender 
lurking, teasing through.

it reminded scribbler me
of a summer Sierra Nevada
sky on certain days (no

days are certain): cloudless--
a sky that seemed too
blue and weirdly made me

yearn prospectively, wanting
never to leave some vague
paradise in my mind--

known, never visited. 
I recall staring as if sky
were painted like a vast ceiling

above pine trees. and then, yes,
I dropped the gaze, moved on to work
for wages--dust and heat--

pounding nails, digging dirt,
wheeling mortar; & after work
sleeping off a migraine 

in a dark basement,
getting up, sweat dried to shirt,
& scratching in a notebook. 


hans ostrom 2021

No comments: