Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Personal Collages

/
}
[
)


Personal Collages


Early I get there where they're not
waiting for me because they don't
get there early and because they
expect somebody just-on-time.

Short-cuts I like to take when
sauntering back, maybe a
diagonal leaving a sidewalk walking
or taking a strange street driving.

A long time I'll spend on something
because I'm absorbed or compelled
or habitual or relentless. Hardly
any time will I spend on some task

if I'm bored, I'll get it done. These
collages of how each of us lives:
they're assembled from pieces of
temperament and formation,

resistance, weakness, strength,
fear, instinct, desire, and distraction.
Brain-chemistry plays role. They say.
Enchanted, I am, often, when I look

at others' collages of habits. Their ways.


Copyright 2011 Hans Ostrom

No comments: