Epigrams are satisfying to try to write also because they are free-standing assertions, the rest of the essay having disappeared or never materialized. This situations is quite pleasing when one wearies of encumbering his or her opinions with evidence. Sententiousness Lite! I do encourage you to write epigrams, of which there cannon be an over-abundance.
Some additional epigrams:
1. No one has ever said to me, "Your Majesty, I beseech you"; what a curious oversight.
2. There are no beautiful cities.
3. It's no accident that we haven't heard much about Pavlov's Cat.
4. If regret were the same as repair, I'd feel better about the past.
5. The Earth is a function of the sun, which is an obscure star, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
6. Destiny is a manifestly melodramatic concept.
7. Hope is one way wisdom expresses fondness for folly.
8. Reason is like a long, well mapped road. We should take it as far as it goes but know it will stop; then we must rely on something else.
9. Poverty is hell.
10. Evil is inexplicable.
11. Memo to self: You are here because some people were generous and other people were mistreated; therefore, you should be thankful and mindful.
12. A cold night is nobody's friend. A mild evening is nobody's enemy.
13. Receiving an award is a way in which one's obscure future tricks one's gullible present.
14. If, in a stressful situation, you don't know what else to do, then drink some water, eat some food, and take a nap.
15. Atheists should have enough faith in atheism not to try to convert believers.
16. If you feel compelled to smell left-over food to determine whether it's edible, it isn't.
17. Never stand in line to give someone money.
18. If in doubt about your behavior, tell the truth and then apologize.
19. Humility is the temporary suspension of the amnesis that led one to forget he or she is flawed and unimportant.
20. Whatever a cat does is done for a good reason, which is not always apparent to humans.
21. God is everything added together plus one.
22. Grace is the sum that results from adding love to absurdity.
23. Faith is getting out of bed after you have slept and going to sleep after you have been awake.
24. Of course we must seek answers, and of course we must expect that when we find them, they will have changed the questions.
25. A system which demands conformity is not sure about its rationale for being and is probably in flight from its inherent flaws. A system is more likely to adapt and to thrive when it is able to absorb creative tension and the interplay of difference.